Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Spongebrooke Squarepants

So, today, I, me, I, was awarded with Honorable Mention for all my hard work and talent in writing. It's mostly like, what? But then a lot, thankyouthankyouiloveyouiloveyouallhurrahhurrah!!! All my English department crushes were there, and I thanked them all in a speech with sweaty palms and nervous giggles and strange lapses in memory that ended up in dramatic pauses that weren't intentional but came out okay. I can't believe I stuttered over Tamara Trujillio -- bizzare. My husband shocked me and cancelled a very important business meeting to be there, such a lover. Although I love getting to speak before a captive audience, my favorite part of the tea (did they even serve tea? I kept getting handed ice cream soda) was Joe's presentation to the Vietnamese student, that choked me up! But I loved my presents, they were awesome! Joe got me Ebert's essays on movies vol. I and II, and I'm thrilled. Jeanne bought me a book that seems lovely, and she said that she has given it to all the people that she loves...I felt like Spongebob Squarepants when he gets his lovey face on, all eyelashes and doe eyes.Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket I don't know what that feeling is, it's not quite joy, but it's a lot aw shucks and thanks and shoot. Yeah, I just posted a picture of Spongebob. Spongebob and Faulkner; I'm American, after all.

Update! Here are some photos.

Here's Joe giving me my presents. I love presents! I love Joe!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The Dream Team (minus Tamara and Jon Ison). I love these people.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The Gold Seal says it all, baby. I'm legit.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: