Sunday, May 27, 2007

And I know, and I know, and I know, and I know.

And I know. And I know that if I add it all up, it was a B. It probably was a B above the 85%. And I haven't felt this dissapointed in myself in a while. I knew that I slacked with the English Lit. I (haven't even reiceved the grade yet, so I shouldn't jinx anything...) know that I was sluggish and slow in the Englsh Lit class. I was not present and couldn't get there. But I was there for the Americn Lit...I just didn't make it on time for the final paper...and I missed one reading journal...I suppose Jodi got the scholarship for a reason. Yes, I'm whining, yes, I'm sad. But it was me. It was me letting other things get the best of me.

I hate getting Bs in English classes. But, I've learned my lesson. I can't get away with B effort and work if I want As.

Today I got back from my Uncle's memorial service in WA. He leaves behind four daughters, one married. The youngest is nine, or ten, and he was 59 or 60 when he passed away. He died the Friday before all of my finals, of rectal cancer, of all the cancers! I was so sad for all of my nieces and aunt. But the trip to WA was good, fun with all of my family, we get crazy and have so much fun. My uncle Rick would have been proud.

But we're glad to be back in the LBC, where the Pabst Blue Ribbon flows like wine, and I can cry my eyes out over my B, like the cheap sobber that I am.

Fin.

4 comments:

Brandon said...

What's wrong with a B?

Me said...

I could have done better, that's all.

Blythe said...

Errr. Baby. Yeah, you miss one of those little thingies and it kills the grade. Well, at least no one can accuse me of playing favorites. I felt badly though.

Me said...

I'm through grieving. I never doubted your fairness, I was just blubbering about performing at the mere above-average level. Excellence! Always!

I don't what it is about me. I'm like, my own worst enemy, and my own drill sargeant at the same time. I have an insane victim/agressor complex. I'm working on it. Inbetween beers.