Sunday, June 24, 2007

Day 4 -- NM to TX

Hey -- remember the Pee Wee in the biker bar thing? I'm in Texas! I've never been in Texas before. There is this thing though, that's making me angry. Photobucket is not avalible, so I can't post pictures and this makes me irritated.

Today we drove to Amarillo, and I thought it would be cool and old here, but it's quite boring and awful. Maybe it's so awful because it's Sunday, but NOTHING was open. The only thrill I got was from the renovated Paramount theater downtown. The sign is great.

There are these horses all over town, these fiberglass horses that are decorated all differently. I'm just imagining everyone was a church today, because there was no one around. The biker bar was packed, but we didn't have the balls to go hang. We ended up eating at On the Border, which pissed me off, because they have these restaraunts in CA and so what the hell. So I ordered a premium margarita and then went to the local gas station to get a 40 of King Cobra. I have fabulous pictures for all of these non adventures, but the bloody site won't work.

My favorite things in the city were the old theater and the giant cowboy statue.

Here's the theater. It opened in 1932, but closed in the 1970s. It's not really a theater anymore, but they restored the sign.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Here's the cowboy! He wants you to eat steak!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Yes. The sentiment does smack of Texas stereotypes.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

See Ya'll.

2 comments:

Joe said...

Why can't Evita use the gas pump?

Me said...

Apparently you are American and can't read the sign either. : )