Thursday, June 28, 2007

Day 8 -- IN

So we're in Rockville, IN, and today it is raining, but not thundering nor lightning. I'm waiting for Todd to pick me up from the hotel, as I had a nasty headache this morning. No, silly, not hungover. I think that I clench my teeth for hours at night, and then when I wake up, my head between my eyes and my ears pounds. My eyes are also really puffy in the morning, but I don't know what that is about. I suppose I should drink more water.

Today we are going to motor around town, saving Indianapolis for tomorrow.

I'll upload the new pictures tonight.

(By the way, I had a dream in which I was with my parents at Fashion Island in Newport Beach, and I was confused, so I told them, "I don't know how I could possibly be here, becuase I'm in Indianna. This must me a dream." And my mom was like, "Oh, okay. Well, it's nice to see you." Lucid dreaming without waking up is intense -- it's so fascinating, because if I could be so wholly in another place in my mind, what makes me think that waking life is more real? This line of thought is alarming.)

We traveled over to Uncle Park and Aunt Triva's. Their old barn is incredible.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketThey have a farm house and barns about 3mi outside of downtown Rockville.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Uncle Park is a total character. He asks Todd, about our Range Rover -- that isn't one of them slant-eyed cars, is it?
Todd loves a porch swing.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketFrom their house we went over to Uncle Bob's and Aunt Jerry's house -- they just built a new house and have done more to their house in six months then we ever have to any house our whole marriage.
Here's Uncle Park giving Uncle Bob a hard time about the size of his gravel drive way. Bob's telling Park, "Naw, it's better a lit'le bigger, it's got some lihme init -- makes it stick!"
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
These hardworkin' midwesterners make us look like Java the Hut, just lounging around while everthing orbits us. Aunt Jerry has three hummingbird feeders on her 40ft porch, so we stood around while upwards of 20 hummingbirds buzzed around us. Todd got the National Geographic pic award for this one:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Tomorrow we may go to Indy, and see some sights.

No comments: