Monday, January 7, 2008

The First Encounter

This morning I had my first taste of Dominguez Hills, and I must say, not too shabby. But sort of shabby.

I met with my advisor at around eight in the morning, and he was tolerably helpful. So far so good, although as part of my upper division general ed requirements I have to take ONE more science class. Eeeesh. The guy was kind of strange, but nice, like he'd once been an enthusiastic young mind, and then with just the right amount of disillusionment and florescent lighting, became a grey-hued man with a million pictures in his dingy office of his nephew and son, all baby pictures printed out on low quality picture paper with balloon captions saying things like, "Hi dad!" and "Aren't I the cutest?"

I felt bad, because the English offices looked even dingier than at Fullerton. It is an early assessment, but the vibe was also not as good as Full. Here's some news:

I could go back to Fullerton one day a week and get my AA in English. I'd prob take Ison's drama class. It would mean that sucky commute again, and I would have to go back and forth between classes, but ending my time at FC with John (where it all began!), and graduating, would be great. Since I'm getting a not-so-stellar rap by attending the not so awesome Dominguez Hills, having the AA from Fullerton would prob be in my favor. And I get to go to commencement, which means that I get to say goodbye with some panache.

That's all the news for now. I got myself a Cal State Dominguez cling for my car. Go Toros.

No comments: