Thursday, August 9, 2007

Hitting the Road Again

We are going to drive to Vacaville today, to head to my mom's brother's house for the weekend. My uncle, Keith, has a big annual party with a talent showcase. He plays with a band, and this year they are featuring some CCR songs, as well as their usual 50's and 60's rock and roll staples. Several other people play their own or popular stuff. Since Todd got me the guitar last May, I have been practicing Stand By Me, and I think I'm going to go for it!

I have never played the guitar in front of a crowd. So. It's a pretty short song, and just for fun I'm trying to learn a Beatles song, too. The guitar playing is okay, but singing while playing is more difficult that I imagined. It's a start anyway. I'll post pics as they emerge.

No comments: