Man. I haven't been this sick since I was a teenager. When I get sick, I'm always a little thrown off, because I have a high tolerance for discomfort, so I'm like, well, I don't feel good, and my chest hurts, and I can't breathe...but I don't make a big deal, and I just want it to go away...but this time I really am sick. I had to buy this thing, called a Nebulizer, and I have to breathe in this medicine. It's kind of like smoking, I kind of feel like the Caterpillar from Alice in Wonderland when I use it. The Dr. (the second one so far, my regular guy Kaller sent me down the hall to this respitory specialist David) was asking me, do you smoke? And I'm like, No. And he's like, you don't smoke? And I'm like, No...sir? And then he felt my organs through my belly -- which is so strange. I mean, when someone feels your organs, someone that knows what they're doing -- it's an intense experience. It's like hey, that's my liver! Then, of course, while I'm waiting in the exam room, laying down on my paper pillow, I have to cough so hard that I fart! Todd looks at me, and I look at him, and then we just laugh. Being sick is funny sometimes.
Today, I woke up, took a shower, and went to the Dr, then went and got x rays, then went back to the doctor, then went to another Dr., then went to get blood drawn and other...specimens, plus a TB test, then went to Target to get my new prescriptions. I left home at about 9:30am, and didn't get home until 7pm. My poor, wonderful husband. He is an angel.
It's been a long time since I've heard a Doctor say, "If you feel worse, go to the emergency room immediately." Not since the days of mononucleosis have I even considered going to the hospital. Now listen, if I have tubercleosis, that is really going to suck. And also, I'm very grateful that I live in the 21st century and that I live in America, and that we have enough money to treat my pneumonia. I'm very lucky in my misfortune.
I don't know what I'm going to do about school. I can read and write, and email. There's hope!
No comments:
Post a Comment