I know that a vacation to Cancun, the snake nest, the strip of resorts and hotels, only different from a one sided Las Vegas because gambling is not legal in QROO, doesn't sound especially cool, or even all that relaxing, yet, I had a good time. I like seeing the ruins, and this time we journeyed to Talum, the blue walled Mayan village/city on the cliff, where the elite of the population lived within walls, quite fresh for oh so long ago. These people were incredible. That much has been documented. And as much as I sort of dislike having to ride in a bus on a tour, I do love to get to see this kind of stuff. It's nice. The Caribbean ocean is so beautiful, and snorkeling is so fun. At one of the Palace Resorts we visited there were animal sanctuaries, and we saw some monkeys and cats, as well as some deer and turtles, and even crocodiles. Monkeys are so silly. A friend in our large extended family group casually mentioned that monkeys can rape you, and for the rest of the trip he couldn't distance himself from constant harassment concerning his ape-rape phobia, as we would creep up behind him and make monkey noises, because nothing is funnier than a man afraid of rape by monkey. The trip was good: no puking, no blackouts, no fighting, and no major injuries. Just an almost death by bad buffet food, but we made it home in time.
This little trip was over far too fast, and it's back to end of semester business right away. I hope everyone is getting their grading in, and that their semesters were okay. I know Blythe was put off by her drop rate, and I hope everyone makes up for it in the Spring. It's still iffy where I'm headed, so I plan to get that figured out next week.
In other news, back to back Tori Amos shows this weekend! I'm very excited and can't wait to see her again. She's my favorite. This will be something like my twentieth time seeing her perform. She is so talented. It should be a blast.
No comments:
Post a Comment